Dublin Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (DSPCA)
The Dublin Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was established in 1840 and is the oldest and largest animal charity in the Republic of Ireland.
What we do :
- Care for sick and injured animals
- Rehoming, foster and pet guardian programs
- Animal Welfare Officers
- Lobbying for improved legislation to protect animals.
- Low cost mobile vet clinic.
- Education programs.
- Dog training and behaviour modification.
The charity relies heavily on the generosity of public donations and the many volunteers who work tirelessly along side DSPCA staff. In 2010 DSPCA began a unique program to work towards a sustainable charity model. Comprising of a pet Dog training division, Pet hotel & Spa, Dog daycare and a Vet clinic. All profits from these entities go towards funding the shelter.