Maureen Backman, MS CTC PCT-A, Mutt About Town
DetailsTrust. Love. Science. It works. Receive the highest quality training and coaching to ensure peace of mind, success, and a rewarding training experience. We give you less stress, peace of mind, and a great relationship with you and your dog.
Receive the highest quality training and coaching to ensure peace of mind, success, and a rewarding training experience.
We give you less stress, peace of mind, and a great relationship with you and your dog.
Why choose us ?
• We use only positive reinforcement training, which is scientifically shown to produce long-lasting, effective behavior change.
• We work with you so you feel involved in your dog’s learning.
• We make training fun for you and your dog.
• We design a training program that fits your family’s needs and lifestyle.
• We are committed to continuing education to ensure best practices.
Maureen Backman, MS, CTC, PCT-A is the owner of Mutt About Town, which offers private dog training services in the San Francisco Bay Area. Maureen’s particular strength is combining her knowledge of counseling along with her studies in animal learning and behavior to help humans understand how to communicate and work with their dogs. She is strongly committed to using only force-free training methods.
Maureen is the founding director of The Muzzle Up! Project. Through partnering with local businesses, rescues and trainers, not only in San Francisco but across the world, Muzzle Up! aims to educate the public about dog behavior, safety, and why we don’t need to fear muzzles.
She graduated with honors from Jean Donaldson’s prestigious Academy for Dog Trainers, is certified in training by the Pet Professional Accreditation Board, and has a master’s degree in rehabilitation psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.